Friends of the musée des impressionnismes Giverny : Join us!
Friends of the musée des impressionnismes Giverny: an association of enthusiastic people motivated around a warm and human-scale museum, which has become an essential place for Impressionism in France.
Being a Friend means supporting the actions of the museum by contributing to its development by all means, in particular by participating in the enrichment of its collections and promoting its national influence. Joining us means encouraging the museum’s many activities.
We organize cultural visits, mainly in Normandy and Ile de France, with the support of the Friends of the museums concerned, according to the program for the first half of 2024 as detailed below.
Visits offered by expert tour guides are generally scheduled on days the museums are closed, and in accordance with public health guidelines :
- Tuesday January 9: Musée de la Chasse et de la Nature in Paris with organized lunch on site on request.
- Wednesday January 24: “Van Gogh in Auvers-sur-Oise” at the Musée d’Orsay with organized lunch on site on request.
- Friday March 15: François Décorchemont Glass Museum in Conches en Ouche with organized lunch on site on request
- Thursday April 25: “Impressionism and the sea” exhibition at the Giverny Museum of Impressionism and lunch at “Baudy”
- In May (date to be specified later): “James Whistler” in Rouen, at the Musée des Beaux-Arts as part of the “Normandie Impressionniste” Festival (anniversary of the 150th anniversary of the first Impressionist exhibition in Paris)
- In June (date to be specified): the Hôtel-Dieu Maximilien Luce Museum in Mantes-la-Jolie (the largest European collection of this painter) with visit to the Abbey Church. Organized lunch on site on request.
Benefits for members
By joining our group, you can also enjoy the following benefits at the Musée des Impressionnismes Giverny:
- Unlimited and free admission, plus discounted price for a companion
- Free audio guide
- Discount on other museum activities (workshops, concerts, conferences, etc.)
- Discounts in the shop
Your membership is tax deductible as outlined in the regulatory texts for cultural associations.
2024 membership prices (includes subscription):
Member: from €60 single/€100 couple
Benefactor: from €150 single/€250 couple
Partner: from €800
Student (under 26): €15
To get in touch with the office :
Charles-Elie de La Brosse – President
Sabine Mennessier – General Secretary
Alain Cornu-Thenard – Treasurer